Sunday, May 8, 2011

Research Project

Today I could finish my paper: Four pages, 1931 words and uncountable hours of work.^^
I think I wrote everything I wanted to say and I defended my hypothesis. I had to add several sources that I found while writing my paper. I wrote it on google documents and shared it with you. It would be great if you could have a look over my paper giving me ideas to improve it (form etc.). Maybe I can come tomorrow during evening study hall to see you.
My paper is mostly about Upton Sinclair's life and what he tried to achieve by writing his novel "The Jungle." Because I wanted to display how he tries to achieve his goals I had to summarize the book in short detail. I noticed that he  uses many symbols and references to the life during this time; for example he uses meat cans to describe the evil of capitalism and the American Dream. I also found it very interesting how he came up with the title of the book, "The Jungle" since I first could not relate it to the story at all.



1 comment:

  1. Your writing has improved amazingly since the beginning of the year. I am glad to see what you are doing in this area. I will look over your paper here in a few minutes. Watch for comments.

    ReplyDelete