Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Naturalism presentations

In this post I could actually write a whole essay about today's class, which I found very productive and good.
I feel that today's presentations helped me a lot to understand Naturalism better.
I understood that science was probably the basis for the emerge of this movement and that this means it cannot t really mix together with religion and beliefs. Specifically, Darwinism seems to be really important for the emerge of this movement since many writers who supported Naturalism were influenced by it.
Another interesting point is that the movement originally, even if ideas of it emerged even earlier started in France and came over to America. Probably the most important writer who supported Naturalism in France was Emile Zola who inspired and influenced many Naturalist writers such as Stephen Crane, Jack London, Theodore Dreiser and Frank Norris.

No comments:

Post a Comment