Friday, October 22, 2010

My diary

Hello diary,

Today I want to tell you something about the new world I have seen.
As I joined a woman group today, I experienced a completely different kind of life. The first thing I noticed, was that they usually sleep until 11 in the morning. That is usually the time when we have our lunch. we get up with the sun for working on the fields. After they get up they disappear in a bathroom and stay there for like one hour. That's unbelievably. I mean, women living in our village get up at five and work the whole day on the fields or do work at their house lunch. They have even more work to do when their husbands are in wars. At the house where I stayed, the woman was preparing lunch at 12:30 and was finished 15 minutes later. That is because she just put something in a machine the call "microwave", which does nearly all the work. Even they have unbelievable plenty of food, the woman at the house did not eat very much. When I asked her why she is not eating anything, she just answered me that she does not want to get fat. People I live with would be so glad to eat something, because they do not have that much food.In the afternoon,we went to a big town and did "shopping". That means they go around the whole dayfrom one store to another to buy clothes.  And they buy lots of clothes. More than they need. I mean we have one, maybe two different skirtys. Some of the woman in this world are puttinmg on new clothes every oder every second day. They also wear men's pants.
Another thing II notyiced is the way they are dealing with men. Every girl goes to school such as boys. And women are saying theri opinion to their husbands. Thet even can get divorced without consequences and they can go to any elections men are allowed to go to. Some of the women even have the same jobs men have. But there is at least one common thing womem from our time have with the women from this time (or you can say world because it is so diffferent). Usually it is their job to look after childern. Of course, it is very different how the women take this responsibility seriously.
There are a lot of more differences, but I can not write them all.
This day was so exciting and it was really interesting for me to get to know a completely different way of life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment